Pages

instagram

Instagram

Smothie? or not to smoothie?




One of my favourite way of starting my days is making a smoothie. I get up early due to my daughter being up with the first signs of the sun ( or rain :P).

Its a great breakfast and such a easy way of getting both vitamins and proteins into your body. 

This morning I had a simple mixed fruit smoothie, a little pick me up to start the day. Usually I just throw 3 or 4 different ingredients and the blend. Here is a few of my favourite :


1. Frozen Pink Cloud

what's in it?

- 3 frozen bananas
- 16 bluberries
- half of can of coconut milk

Just blend and enjoy.





2.  Sunny Day blend

what's in it?

- half of fresh pineapple
- 3 ripe peeled peaches
- 1 tsp of wheetgrass powder ( use fresh if you have any)

just blend and enjoy!





3.  Rainbow Dash :)

what's in it?

- half of frozen pineapple
- 1 fresh mango
- 16 bluberries
- 12 raspberries

just blend and enjoy!




4. Frozen coconut latte

- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 tsp of good quality instant coffee
- half of can of coconut milk

just blend and enjoy!



Frozen bananas are a great base, that way you avoid using ice. Not all blenders/smoothie makers will blend ice , bananas are softer and still a great way to chill your smoothie.  The fruit smoothies are very popular with my children, of course I wouldn't give them any of the coffee one. They are active without the caffeine!!

We had a strange day, younger child was moody and very into defensive mode. Being a mother is the hardest job on the planet but also the most rewarding one. We went swimming today and walking back to the car took us over 20 min as she wouldn't follow but wanted to run up and down the disable ramp ... kids.

Then the migraine happened. I was suppose to write the conclusive chapter of the new book,but my head was pounding and i had spend the rest of the day walking around the house like a zombie. An active 2 year old didn't help. Tomorrow is a new day and I hope that it will be better. Actually its my first "me" day in like forever. My car is due its service so I have to leave it in the garage meaning I will be " stranded" in the coffee shop which serves a soy coffee!!! yay! then some retail therapy, light lunch and back to reality!


Hope people will enjoy reading this blog, and maybe just maybe you will think twice about updating you life style , to make you healthier and more "green".

Love and light x x x





Leave a Comment

Post a Comment